Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Wuuuushhhhhaaaa effect

It's great to talk to people when you have a question in your mind, especially a mind-boggling one. And it's better if you can talk to someone who practices martial arts, because they know all about self control and being powerful , but gentle at the same time.

I ask a lot of silly questions and some sound like this:
  • Why do people kill?
  • How do you control yourself from killing someone with your power?
  • If you have someone trying to beat you up , what do you do?
  • How to have self-control?

A friend answers me this in a short conversation:
  • Kill= cannot control their own power.
  • Self- Control = You have the power but you don't use it, unless absolutely necessary.
  • In martial arts , you don't have to kill . You can do many other things, such as overpowering him , tying his hands tightly , without using force.
  • Self control is easier to have once you start practicing. Practice more.
I guess , for myself, in layman's terms , this can only mean :
  • Self control is something I REALLY want.
  • Even though I have power to do something, I should not abuse it.
  • Watch over my actions , so that it doesn't kill, but only gets the point across.
  • A true master(mistress sounds bad) knows how to control herself.

I should learn martial arts soon. It teaches philosophy for free! Better than any Masters degree.


No comments:

Post a Comment