Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Mandarin Duckie

No I'm definitely NOT a mandarin duck!!!

Had trouble today trying to 'get my point across' the oceans and the seas into China - Chinese biggest telco company's employee. Wow , man.. language is my biggest boo boo here.. It's like speaking mandarin with marbles in my mouth.. hahahha.. really funny ok! It gets even more frustrating when she don't understand what I say , and also when i asked her if there's anyone, just anyone who can speak Mandarin , she was like.... *dazed*.... OK, so , here I come, with my broke Mandarin, after every 10 words, I ask her if she understands me, and then apologize for bad Mandarin....after a while of , uhhh , ahhhh, and 'ni ming pai marr??' ... in the end I just gave up and asked Chen to do it for me. She couldn't speak smooth Mandarin as the Chinese did also, but at least she knows what the other end was trying to say! And she tells her exactly what I want from them. I'm trying to get back to them with a less mouthful mandarin, hahaha.. see if I can do that.

Perhaps after CCNA I should take up Mandarin, learn how to speak proper Chinese, and then can sing my favourite Canto and Mandarin songs... hahahhaha... not bad idea! Busy busy busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment