Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Retro!!!

I listen to BSB and I'm a fan of BSB-- some would call them Backside Boys, I call them Backstreet Boys. :)

"As long as you love me.... "

It's the time of your life when you sing along with the boybandzzz... yeah man they ROCK! Who cares about them being silly, singing the lyrics which are manufactured -- ohh even their images are manufactured right??? No doubt, I agree!

"I want it that way..."

These guys behind BSB , is even something smarter , I would say... oh u know how it is, each girl would have an idol inside that BSB group , either it's Brian or it's Nick C, or someone prefer the noughty boy guy- they'd go for AJ. Brian won't have much following I guess, he's too nice!Girls like guys who are a bit naughty- umm, ok ,maybe I'm speaking for myself. I'd go for Kevin , the good looking, trimmed , clean and groomed. hehe.. perhaps it's because of the goatee , perhaps it's because of the way he keeps himself silent when all the other boys seem so rowdy.OK, I'm daydreaming.

" You are my fire..."

U know what, this morning when I woke up -- I was really early so I thought I'd do some laundry with some music on - I wanted to play Sarah Brightman when I saw BSB on the shelf - hehehe- apa lagi! Main aje laaa.... Wow it was a step back into the past, I can sing every song of the album!!! Scary weiii.... hehhehe... anyway it was great... sing-along-karaoke* ( Carol, bila mau pegi Redbox, kita ber-k-ok ) Such great memories came back .. and I feel 15 again, when I was still the mm-bop girl... heheheh.... I remember also a group of girls dancing to "As Long As You Love Me" during Teacher's Day( OK it's not me!!! I do Boyzone OK!)

"Everybody.... rock your body .... Backstreet's Back ALRIGHT!!!!"

Anyway, we're here to talk about the BSB music... quit playing games with my heart... I want it that way... show me the meaning of being lonely.... I'll never break your heart .... Quit playing games with my heart... all those feel-good lyrics hehehhee..... OK , I know they sound lame *show your L on your head!* BUT BUT BUT they reminded me of my ohh , young, innocent, pretty, sweet days in St Mary's! Where girls go gaga over guys like MMBoppp's Hanson, and then they would show one another the boybands posters -- see who has a better looking hunk as their idol.... who "sings better" although realy, in truth, they sound alike like one another - it's probably only differentiated by their brandings and packaging. Once in a while , the group would be published as saying "We want to move away and try do something new in our new album" or "We believe the fans would want to see something new" or "We want to have a surprise for our ever-faithful fans"... Things like this .... and you know they are actually trying to say : "our fans have grown old so therefore in order to make more money from these growing fans, we MUST make music that sounds a little more adult now.... not the MMMbopss " --> reason why Hanson died! hehehehhe...and of course they also mean : "we have also grown old , we can't attract the young 12-17 year olds anymore because they have their own cult boybands so we'd better keep to the ones we have".

"Ain't nothing but the heartache..."

BSB knows how to evolve, no doubt about that -- look at their images throughout the years... from the kiddy look, they have started keeping beards and goatees(umm ok Kevin comes into mind) . That's why they sell tens of millions of albums all around the world. I wonder what have become of them now, unlike N*Sync , they didn't go into the pop culture anymore after they became dormant.Perhaps they are feeding from their success so much , they have decided to sit back and relax at the Carribean Islands. Or maybe helping Tsunami reliefs all over the world. Whatever it is, hope they are happy and do good.

"I don't care who you are, where you're from , don't care what you did, as long as you love me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment