Friday, February 18, 2005

The amusing License Agreement

You know how I hate reading rubbish, and normally rubbish includes those boring EULAs by Microoft and all other major software writers.Check out the below:


I. Freeware
First of all, the reasons why Spybot-S&D is free:


I.a. Dedication
Spybot-S&D is dedicated to the most wonderful girl on earth :)


I.b. Binary
What do you get if you buy software? Lots of ones and zeros, nothing more. If they were distributed as art, I could understand paying it. But if the main goal of their order is to earn money - by fees or ads - I don't like it!


I.c. Conclusion
This means that I grant you the license to use Spybot-S&D as much as you like. But if you like it, I ask two things of you: say a prayer for me (and the most wonderful girl while you're at it ;) ) to your god - or whatever you believe - and wish us some luck.


II. Limitations
II.a. Reverse Engineering
Reverse Engineering is not allowed as with nearly any software. If anyone has doubts in the honesty of the code, I will give insight to a trusted organization like a university under certain limitations (for example only one copy, for a limited time, and that has to be removed after the evaluation time has ended).


One helluva programmer!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:29 AM

    If a program consists of ony binary and the uses end there as cited by the programmer, why does he have a problem with reverse engineering? Wouldn't we get binaries only too?

    yh

    ReplyDelete