Thursday, November 25, 2004

If I'm the pebble, you are the...?

I'm a pebble
I sit inside a glass
I feel very empty
Sounds so hollow in this glass
When I speak there's only echo
When I'm silent , I hear nothing
Gosh , I yearn for a company!

How would it feel if there are other's like me
Would I feel happier
Would I cheer
Would I never fear
Would I be merrier?

Then another pebble came into my life
We look like one another
We speak pebble's language
We do things normal pebbles do
We sometimes insult each other too

Soon 1 became 2, 2 became 8, 8 became 100
There's many pebbles in the glass now
It's almost full
I hear a deafening sound
Pebbles' gibberish pebbles' squibbles
and now as I sit here
I realise there's no difference
So many pebbles around me
How come I can still hear the word 'lonely'
I dont feel happy
I still feel empty.

One day , someone poured water into the glass
The empty spaces disappeared around me
And I begin to see
It's all because I never had the water
The living water in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment