Monday, August 15, 2005

PC restarts every time I...

The PC has always been restarting itself once in a while ever since I bought it. OK, back track a little ; bought this PC last year when I just started working so that I am able to store my mp3 files and photo files just before I need to return the notebook to the company which sponsored me.

Anyway.... the history to this PC is this : ever since I installed Azures to download files from Bit Torrent and play them on my Real Player , my PC has been restarting more often now... I'm suspecting it's the downloaded files which have probably somehow corrupted the Real Player , because every time I try and play those files in Real Player, it would restart the PC. I've now resorted to playing the music files with Winamp - so far so good as the PC is still running good while playing the music files. I'll monitor the PC for few days and see if it still reboots while playing mp3s. Hopefully the problem would be because of RP.

3 comments:

  1. Kena latest worm?
    Not compatible with Real?
    If youw ant to download torrent, i suggest you use bitcomet as your client. It is fast. Don't try using Kazaar. Loads of viruses flying around. also install an anti-spyware(one that compatible to your OS and also ur client)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:28 PM

    hehehhe
    time to get a new pc ler gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can any PC not be compatibile with Real? That's a bit far-fetched la, friend! Nope, not using Kazaa - I'm using Azures Bit Torrent. Am using Microsoft Antispyware and also Spybot S&D but not helping.

    Jason,
    I just got this PC last year :) Wana get me a new one? TQ ahh!

    ReplyDelete