Thursday, August 25, 2005

What am I busy with currently?

Currently deploying an antivirus solution to the entire network -this new toy is pretty cool because the new version is not only more canggihfied, it also comes with the ability to track down files which are infected with trojans, and it has realtime protection which means that I'd receive an alert every time a virus is detected , unable to be disinfected and therefore deleted. Mailbox has tonnes of emails like that! So my typical day would be sitting at my workstation , working on the Administration Kit (a network control center) and deploying antivirus software by using the PUSH method , unlike before this where we would need to go PC by PC to do so. Don't play play with the Russians when it comes to antivirus solutions.... it's not your typical Symantec or McAfee yeah!

Also playing with the new phone - bought a Sony Ericsson k700i. The camera's not that sharp , but acceptable la.. I found out that the SMS writepad is not as great as Nokia 3310 (my old phone) because I can't write beyond 160 characters like how I did using the old phone. Need to get a Bluetooth device to transfer files , else this Bluetooth is as good as a white elephant. Saw one at Lowyat , which can be plugged to the notebook for transfer , it's about RM80. See la, one of these days.. Phone book is great ; I can insert pictures, ringing tones, email address, company name, home address .. all the information you want to know about a person and more. With 41MB of memory (unexpandable,mind you), I can store more phone numbers than I'd probably need :)

A world of technology.

P/s: Condition of the neck : pain as hell now... Need a massage badly. Condition of the leg: Still painful when I walk. Sprained it a little while jogging in the gym. Effect: Out of the gym for 3 weeks now. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment