Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Feeling lost without the Lamb

What qualifies us to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? Is it by attending church every Sunday, attend every CG meeting, participate in every prayer meeting , have many Christian friends , sing praise and worship songs, wear a cross which symbolizes our status as a Christian , read the Bible everyday?

Of course, all these are great ... but what actually is it that makes God want to smile at me? I believe it is the heart that counts more than anything else. The heart to continually seek Jesus as the Lord of my life, the First Love .. because He first loved us. We could all be Christians of 5 years old, 10 , 15 , 20 or even 50 years, yet do we miss the point of what Christ is all about? I ask myself this question all the time .... and as I look at myself, I realise that it makes no difference whether I started believing in Christ many years ago , or I only begin to know Him yesterday - because God does not see us by looking at the number of years we proclaim to be Christians.

And no matter what I do, or how much I accomplish in helping others will buy my a ticket to Heaven .. because it is not by deeds that we are saved anyway. Only by faith in Jesus Christ will I be safe.

2 comments:

  1. Read on 2Corinthians 6:1 till 7:1 yesterday..out of the blue..the verse really pop up to me..in these time and hour. Unequally yolk.
    I'll feel offended reading it IF i am not a Christian. Now that I understand the Father's heart, it really means alot to our Father in heaven.
    He became our God, we become His child.
    Life is really so mess up nowadays for me. Too much choice. Too hard to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what it means when you said life is too hard to decide.You know who else faces the same options as you do! :)

    ReplyDelete