Monday, May 02, 2005

Walking in the Holy Spirit

The church is embacking on the series of sermons focussing on the Third Person of the Trinity - The Holy Spirit.

I've never thought about this but as I was listening to Pastor Dorai speaking about the acts of the Holy Spirit and how it flows like fire, suddenly I looked at my own life and I remember the nickname Firewalker which I use in the cyberworld ... If this is the Fire of the Holy Spirit, I would love to walk in it, and soak in its presence.

The encouragement I always get when I remember the Holy Spirit's FRUIT(notice it is not "fruits") :
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness , faithfulness and self-control.

Why is it fruit and not fruits? This is an interesting question , which I ask myself sometimes.. The asnwer given to me is this ...
Because it is a package and you will not have all the 9 attributes if you do not have the Holy Spirit with you. For example : You can be loving, you can be a good person, but you may not feel the peace of God resting with you..

May this soul walk in your Spirit , o God.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment