Wednesday, March 02, 2005

We are snowflakes

Fact :
- Snowflakes melt easily
- Each snowflake has 6 pinnacles. Each different ; each has a distinct shape and each are unique in its own right. Each are beautiful in its own right.

I wonder how come God can create something so beautiful in snowflakes, and every other thing in this world... Thank you God.You're the BEST! heheh..

On a personal note, have you also wondered why humans are so critical of our own looks when God himself has designed us and made us to look wonderful in His eyes? I sometimes do scold myself for trying to have Julia Roberts's body or Kate Winslet's face! Now I'd probably have to wake up to the fact that I'm Asian, I'm short and I'm never going to have fair skin like Cate Blanchett or Nicole Kidman. :) So I'd better revel at the fact that I'm Asian, I have yellow skin, and I have imperfect skin! But I'll look cool in a cheongsam or even a saree... :) Just like Lara Croft trying to look Asian by wearing sarees , but she will never carry herself like an Indian lady, like how Rani Mukerji does. It's a self discovery, like how we marvel at others' cultures, languages and customs, and in the end we'd just come back to our own roots and thank God for putting us RIGHT where we are.

In the end, nothing matters more than being peaceful with one's inner self , being proud of one's own roots and most importantly, respect others for who they truly are.

2 comments:

  1. We're all on a journey of self-discovery and self-acceptance. Comes with maturity (no, I don't mean age). It is when we've learned to accept ourselves, can we then extend the grace of allowing others to be themselves and accept them as they are. That for me is a true expression of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you realise that snowflakes as beautiful as they are, do not last? Some don't last for more than a few minutes.

    If God can spend so much time to design something as temporal as a snowflake, do you think He does any less for us, His children? He takes ultimate pains to design each one of us, including where He places us, our background in terms of culture, family, socio-eoconomic, education? He knows my personality type, preferences, styles... inside out (literally). Nothing is a mistake and no detail is overlooked. In fact, He had you on His mind before the foundation of the world!! Hold that thought - a thought too awesome for my mind.

    ReplyDelete