Thursday, March 10, 2005

OK, as promised , the second day of the trip was like this...


Before 7am:

Woke up, didn't brush teeth, didn't brush the hair, didn't wash face, just walked out of the room and saw the sun rising. CT is already up and YL is sleeping like a baby. Ukwan already up and very wide awake. Can't remember much about Jun's whereabouts. I think he is awake too. Oh, yeah I think he is. Malcolm... dont know about him. Saw the sun rising, very happy. Stretched myself a bit and then , oopppsss the sun rose a little too fast. Ran back into my room and grab my faithful camera. Snap snap snap. It was pink and purple and orangy.


A little past 7am - 830am:

Ukwan, Jun, CT and Malc on the beach looking at something really interesting. So that's on my cam - ohh okie , they got a crab.What about Titanic posing by wonderful CT? And then I got a little more adventurous ; took off my sandals and walked around the seaside and played with the water a bit. It was quite fun because the sea is on low tide now and the waves are not that strong , so we had a very wide sea side to play with. No one was building sand castle, weird eh? There's a lot of sea shells and some rubbish on the beach, and we could see Ukwan playing treasure hunt. He found one purple sea shell which I used as my model. (It's displayed on the
blog.) Also found, some white pieces of shell, when broken looks like rocksalt or whitewashed stones. We really had no idea what they were. Ok, so I was being nosy, walked on the beach and washing my feet with the nice cool sea water and then, OUCH... something cut my sole. I hope it's not a stringe thrown by some AIDS drug addict - oh man - gross!! Else, I'd be ... : '-(Had to hop back to the abode to wash my sole. Yeah process of washing feet was recorded on the cam.)


Back to the beach. Took some silly pictures with everyone. Hehehe... Still got me in stitches , some of them. One was of me looking as if I'm pregnant *blaim the wind* , one was us loooking like cannibals chanting around the fire , one was me holding the sun , another was me wearing the sun on my left hand. Did some model posing as well :) We climbed the big boulders *this time with sandals* which were previously unreachable due to the high tides and the strong waves and managed to take some pictures from there. Very cool.


Breakfast time:

Table tennis. Round robin tabletennis with 6 people. Wind is still strong, and I love it. The only major set back is that if I don't tie my hair , it would make me look like "Pak Fat Mor Lui" (The Lady Devil). Breakfast was sardines and tuna bread , coffee, mee-in-my-mug or biscotti. Take your pick.

Lunchtime , 1pm:

CT drove us down to Kemaman in Ukwan's car. It's the first time she took his car, so I was kinda praying hard. But then again, she has driven a Merc before , so well.. this should be *wet wet water* for her. We just took a road up north towards KT. We were lost in the Kuantan harbour ; went into it and came out again. No boats at sight, but we could see it was a reasonably-built harbour next to the sea. Very well maintained. I could see some hillslopes being cut for more development. A long while later , we finally reached Kemaman. Went straight to lunch, after walking around looking for a shop which sells good stuffed crabs. OK, we're not really bothered, because all of us were to hungry to bother really! Ordered clams in ginger sauce, fried chilli prawns, fried belacan kangkung , taufu , and obviously stuffed crabs! I can't remember what else we had. Ah, yea, I had longan drink to cool my body off the heat. I went to the washroom and found out that it was really really clean, to my pleasant surprise. You know how toilets in Malaysia can be , rite?

Right after the lunch, it's tea time! We went straight to Hai Peng - the coffee shop which was recommended by the inn-keeper. Oh my, they served toasted bread with peanut butter and bananas.... what a killer combination!!! They also served the original yin-yong, bread with butter and kaya in buns and normal bread. It's not that great, but it is something because it's matched with the smooth aromatic coffee... ohh lala...I had Vietnamese coffee which was filled by this weird-looking metal holder which is used to sieve the beans out from the hot water. Ukwan checked out the price as it looked prettty neat really ; it was a whopping RM28! Now,
unless someone give me that as a souvenir, I won't buy that. Right after snapping some more pictures, we saw this interesting sign board on the way back - a woman with headscarf and a writing on the board : "Menutup Aurat Adalah Wajib" . Then I looked at CT and said no wonder everyone was looking at us weirdly, we weren't wearing headscarf, and plus she was wearing this super-duper short pants and sleeveless t-shirt... Memang menjolok mata! :))


Evening:

On the way back to abode. Stopped to get keropok lekor in Cherating -->the original objective to go to Kemaman ; but we ended up in buying in Cherating instead. There's two variation of the same lekor - one was fried , the other was steamed. If you can't imagine how it tasted like, it's like fish cakes we always have when we eat yong tau fu.Really nice ; not like the ones in KL - full of flour! Next up, we went to Club Med .. err, almost I mean. They wouldn't let us in unless we pay them , would they? Well, who cares? We ended up visiting the turtles at the Turtle sanctuary next to Club Med. Nope, there's no turtles laying eggs at this time of the year, plus the current was really strong . I'm sure turtle mums would choose areas which are more cosy to lay their babies right?


Night:

Ok, because we ate a lil too much during the lunch hour, all of us stopped eating proper food at night. Dinner was white wine, maggi-in-mug, Famous Amos cookies, more lekor in keropok style or in streamed style *this one looks kinda gross after how I saw Malc holding it, also the reason why I didn't eat it *. We played Chor Tai Dee . At first I was winning, but then I lost so many rounds after that , that YL had to come to the rescue. We won a few rounds after that, after which I got into a sleepy mode because of the wine. Went to bed at 9pm , or maybe earlier.
Sometime after that:

Wide awake! Let's have another round of wine? No? OK, the boys said no more for me! :( *sobs* Tried going back to sleep, but can't sleep. So ended up chatting with Specimen A about her family problem. It was just me at first with her, then it was CT and then it was Malc and Ukwan and then it was Jun. The whole room was filled with ideas on how to solve the mum-n-dad-are-too-conservative problem. I have that problem, but it's time to really move on. Thanking God for His grace everyday! :)

In between , I have gay guys rolling on my bed- three of them !!! YUCK!!!!!! GET OFF MY BEDDDDD!!!

2.30am:

Time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment