Monday, April 11, 2005

Cold Turkeys and Withdrawal Syndrome

It's confirmed. I'm an addict to the Net ... or more specifically the MSN Messenger and the YM.This is bad...

Morning: MSN Msgr kept bobbing in and out of the server. And it irritates me so much , I had to start troubleshooting it. Reinstall it , uninstall it , and then REINSTALL IT AGAIN .. and then download the latest version of the MSN because the version 7 doesn't work anymore. And then the download doesn't work because it keeps disconnecting me off the page, so I have to redownload it many times but it still didn't work in the end. So OK fine.... I went to the MSN page, redownload the thing again and again.. because the downloaded file was not completed. Got stuck at 34% for a very long time............. zzzzzzzzzz.............. and then it says DOWNLOAD COMPLETE which got me overjoyed.Alas, it was a false alarm , and I had to continue to download it, probably already repeated the same steps 1o times!

And once I got the latest EXE file , *oh boy, I was so excited to see a picture of a box unfolded* I quickly installed it, and tried to connect it back to the MSN server. And of course, what can be worse? When it cannot connect back of course! :(

Troubleshoot everything - scan for virus and spywares , check the version , call up Streamyx and Maxis lines , check the FW and the NELB.And nothing was wrong.

Finally I gave up, plug in the modem and just tried on Maxis alone.Turned out to be excellent speed. So it's either the Streamyx or the load balancer.

Answer tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. hey firewalker,
    MSN and YM works pretty fine in on streamyx. I think you gotta reformat ur PC d..hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connection got problem, everywhere problem!!! MSN also disconnects some of my friends. So maybe it is an MSN issue too. Now they can't log in and it's frustrating , just like how I felt yesterday.

    ReplyDelete